Review History: I am an avid summon RPG player. I’ve played most if not all summon based RPG’s. Arch Age and Light Fellowship of Loux are the games I play daily and what I’ll be comparing this game to.
In this game, my guild is: Halcyon Drow
Player: Irjunen (I’m GM)
My break down of this game and why I am keeping it:
1. Graphics: 10/10
Very smooth and realistic.
2. Guild management: 9/10
3. Social messaging in game: 9/10
This was nice to see more detail went into it. Love not being notified of everyone else’s draws or upgrades. Guild messaging is very good with request based system, not friend based.
4. Pet system: 9/10
Consider them like pet battles in WoW but Orcs. Very cool idea and it’s a small game in itself. You can collect the boss’s you defeat as pets let them battle each other, send them out for tasks, use them with heroes etc. Never seen this so polished.
5. Combat: 10/10
Strategy based and your more in control of your team.
6. Hero evolution: 8/10
No more leveling monsters as food. Chip based and evolves are split into proportions.
7. Events and event battles: 9/10
8. Balance: ?/10
I won’t know until I get further in game. Starting heroes are even being used by some long term players and evolved up to 5+ stars. That’s a good sign.
9. Hero customizing: 7/10
It’s a nice system for sure, however I’d like to be able to gear them, not just rune, EXP, and ring upgrading.
10. PVP: ?/10
Not done it enough to feel comfortable in grading.
11. Game engine: 9/10
Given the graphics, I’m surprised how fast it loads and how it manages to not drain your battery.
There is more to like, however I am only hitting some of the obvious things you’ll likely want to know.
1. Not required to pay but it does make progressing faster. You can compete, but you’ll have to work more than a paying gamer.
2. Game is not widescreen, this is a preference for me.
3. Heroes are not as abundant as other summon games, this will need to happen to give players more opportunities to customize their teams. This isn’t hurting the game but would make it better.
4. Hero animations are limited, no hair movement, etc. If your a player that likes female heroes and their physics, you’ll be a little disappointed. Graphics are still 10/10 though.
5. Guild member auto enroll. Started a guild and in one day had 30/30 and most being non active. Can’t kick them yet, as a tournament is active. Make sure you set minimum level to 10.
I still play my other two, but I play this one first now. This is an update to the genre and you will see improvements to typical features found in other games. This is a must try and is an evolution in summon based RPG’s.
I’m really enjoying this one, hope you do as well.